In our previous posts we have had a general overview of the upcoming features in Vembu 4.0 BDR Suite. Now it’s the time that it is officially announced few days ago. Yes Vembu has announced the Newer version of their BDR Suite 4.0 just few days ago. It is surely comes with the new features and new enhancements which makes your backups easies to manage.
Vembu BDR Suite is an suite of multiple solutions which provides backup and disaster recovery solutions. Vembu BDR Suite works on both physical as well as virtual environments. So you don’t have to buy additional solution for your physical environments.
Vembu BDR Suite works for both the Virtualization Technologies VMware and Hyper-V. Below are some of the Major Features added to the newer version:
- VM Backups running on Hyper-V Cluster.
- Shared VHDx Backups in Hyper-V.
- Checksum based Incremental support for Backups.
- Credential Manager.
Below are some of the other enhancements in the newer version:
- Vembu Image Backup: It is an improvement where your backup is stopped due to network failure , it will be resumed where it was stopped.m where it was left off.
- Virtual hardware selection: With the new enhancement you can configure the specification of the Virtual Hardware of the virtual machine during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk provision type, and network adapter.
- Improved Proxy Functionality: All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
- Improved Hyper-V live recovery: With the newer Vembu BDR Suite , when you do recovery a separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
- Improved Application aware for Hyper-V Backups: With the new enhancement you can now select the Virtual Machines which you want to enable Application Aware Processing.
- Abort Offsite Replication: In case you want to abort any of the replication at offsite now you can do that from offsiteDR Server.
- ODR Activation: You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected to an OffsiteDR server.
- Quick VM Recovery report: Now you can get the quick report of the vm recovery which includes details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the status of the recovery.
- VM disk inclusion: This is the useful feature where you have added additional disk to the VM it will directly backed up when you take incremental backup.
Now you can enjoy the newer version of Vembu BDR Suite 4.0 with the added features to improve the protection of your Physical as well as Virtual Environment
You can get Vembu BDR Suite 4.0 from the Vembu Website.