There are Mainly 2 types of Hypervisor are there check the following 2 types in detail.
Type 1 Hypervisor:-
- This also called a BareMetal or the Embedded Hypervisor.
- This runs directly on the Hardware & Allow multiple Operating System to run on it.
- This does not require the Operating system.
- This is Completely Independent from the Operating System.
- One Major Advantage of Type 1 Hypervisor is if there is problem with any VM or Operating system it do not affect the other VM running on it.
Examples of Type 1 Hypervisor:-
- Vmware ESXi Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Type 2 Hypervisor:-
- This is known the Hosted Hypervisor.
- This Hypervisor is installed & runs on the Operating system.
- This Hypervisor is completely dependent on the Base Operating System.
- If Something Happens to the Base OS than it can also affect the Hypervisor.
Examples of Type 2 Hypervisor:-
- Vmware Workstation
- Oracle Virtual Box
That’s it for Today Friends. I Hope you liked reading this post & If you find anything more to be added or removed feel free to write it in our comments. If you find it useful You are Feel free to share this on social media to help others & spread knowledge.
If you have any query on any thing you are free to write it in our comments section & we will make sure to provide you the better solution as soon as possible.