BDRSuite 5.6 What’s New
BDRSuite has come up with a newer version of their solution, including some of the newly added features & enhancements. It is available for download & install in your IT Infrastructure. The latest version is 5.6, an update to the prior 5.5 version. So, in this post, we will see What is all new and added in BDR Suite 5.6.
BDRSuite is a comprehensive Backup & Disaster Recovery solution from Vembu Technologies. Which provides complete protection to all types of the workloads such as Virtual, Physical, Cloud, Endpoint & SaaS. BDRSuite supports VMware & Hyper-V both virtualization platforms so you don’t have to install any other data protection for different workloads.
From the below snapshot, you can get the details of all the types of technologies supported by BDRSuite.
As of now, you got an idea about what BDRSuite is & what all supported workloads are. So now let’s see what’s new in the newly announced version of BDRSuite.
Add servers through AD/LDAP:
Now you can easily add your Windows, Linux & Mac servers from AD/LDAP Servers which enables quick additions of servers to backup. This is done by importing machine details from the AD/LDAP servers.
Centralized Backup Management for Mac:
Previously IT Teams had to manage separate clients for backup configuration & restore for Mac but now with this feature administrators can configure and manage backups directly from a centralized backup server. This simplifies the management process and eliminates the need for separate clients.
Backup Job Template for Endpoints and File/Folder Backups:
The BDRSuite now offers a backup job template functionality that allows IT Team to create backup job templates while configuring file server backup (Windows, Linux) and endpoints backup (Windows, Linux, and Mac). This feature helps to eliminate the need for repeatedly configuring backup options such as scheduling, retention, and exclusion each time while creating a backup job for the respective entities. With this feature, users can create backup job templates based on their organization’s policy and use them when creating backup jobs for respective workloads.
Multi-tenancy support for Endpoints and File/Folder Backups:
Using this feature, MSPs and IT admins can now group the selected servers and endpoints to create a separate tenant with Read-Only or Restore-Only permission. This feature now supports Endpoints (Windows, Linux, and Mac), Servers (Windows, and Linux) along with other workloads.
It also includes enhancements to existing features & functionalities which you can see below:
- Users can now schedule an on-demand incremental backup for a specific host(s)/VM(s) and failed host(s)/VM(s) in a backup job.
- List of all Protected Host(s)/VMs in the BDRSuite Backup Server for Host/VM level backup and direct restore.
- Microsoft 365 backup support for permanently deleted emails and litigation hold items.
- Users can now choose the Azure Environment (Azure Default Cloud, Azure US Government clouds, Azure China) while adding Microsoft 365 Organization
- Users can now add Microsoft 365 Organization with Certificate-Based MS Graph API authorization instead of Application Secret Key
- End-user self recovery via BDRSuite’s MS Outlook addon and end-user login for SaaS application backup
- Deleted items retention handling for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and Sharepoint Sites
- Backup speed optimization for OneDrive, Group OneDrive, and Sharepoint Sites
- Where-it-left-off feature support for Microsoft 365 user mailbox.
- Backup parallel limit & queue/retry mechanism for endpoints.
- Users can now search for specific Backup/ VMs from the reports page (Recent Job Schedule, Recent Host/VM Schedule reports, etc…)
- Enhanced filter option in List Jobs / Recovery pages to search in name of backups, and filter by the status of backup (active, idle, etc…)
- End-user restore based on Online Authorization for SaaS applications.
BDRSuite comes in 3 different editions which are Enterprise, Standard & Free edition. Enterprise Edition comes with all the full rich feature set whereas Standard Edition comes without some of the features such as Replication, Instant Boot Live Migration, etc. Check this link to know more about pricing & licensing: BDRSuite Pricing & Licensing.
If you haven’t installed BDRSuite in your environment, you can check the below link to get a free trial:
That’s it for Today Friends. I Hope you liked reading this post & If you find anything more to be added or removed feel free to write it in our comments. If you find it useful You are Feel free to share this on social media to help others & spread knowledge.
If you have any queries on anything you are free to write it in our comments section & we will make sure to provide you a better solution as soon as possible.
Follow us on Twitter for Regular updates: Mastering VMware
Join Our LinkedIn Group to get Updates & Discussions: Mastering VMware.
Check out our Facebook Group for discussions & more.
You can also Like & Share our Facebook Page for Latest Updates.