Vembu BDR Suite is an complete suit for your Backup and Disaster Recovery. Every organization needs an solution where it can provide maximum protection to their IT Infrastructure.The products under the Vembu BDR Suite comes with the data protection needs of organizations of any size – from a simple IT setup of the small and medium businesses to the highly sophisticated data centers. It is also optimized for Service Providers looking to provide BaaS and DRaaS to their customers.
Vembu BDR Suite works with the both Virtual as well as Physical environments. So you don’t have to go for another solution for your physical Environments. The products under the Suite can be deployed flexibly in any places like on-premise, offsite and on the Cloud. The centralized monitoring and management pane also makes it very easy to monitor and manage large deployments with minimal effort.
New Upcoming Features of Vembu BDR Suite 4.0:
- Hyper-V cluster Backup: Vembu BDR Suite already supports Hyper-V Backups but now with the newer version , you can take the Hyper-V Cluster Backup.
- Shared VHDx Backup: With Shared VHDx supported now you can backup those VHDx disks which are shared within the virtual machines in Hyper-V.
- Checksum based Incrementals: Vembu uses CBT for incremental backups. And for
some CBT failure cases, we will be using Checksum for the incremental to happen
without any interruption.
- Credential Manager: It is an new functionality which helps you to manage the credentials of the host and the VMs running in it within Vembu BDR Suite.
Some of the Enhancements in the existing features:
- Vembu Image Backup: It is an improvement where your backup is stopped due to network failure , it will be resumed where it was stopped.m where it was left off.
- Virtual hardware selection: With the new enhancement you can configure the specification of the Virtual
Hardware of the virtual machine during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk
provision type, and network adapter.
- Improved Proxy Functionality: All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR
backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
- Improved Hyper-V live recovery: With the newer Vembu BDR Suite , when you do recovery a
separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
- Improved Application aware for Hyper-V Backups: With the new enhancement you can now select the Virtual Machines which you want to enable Application Aware Processing.
- Abort Offsite Replication: In case you want to abort any of the replication at offsite now you can do that from offsiteDR Server.
- ODR Activation: You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected
to an OffsiteDR server.
- Quick VM Recovery report: Now you can get the quick report of the vm recovery which includes details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the
status of the recovery.
- VM disk inclusion: This is the useful feature where you have added additional disk to the VM it will directly backed up when you take incremental backup.
Once the new version of Vembu BDR Suite 4.0 is available you can try it in your environment with the above all the supported features and enhancements.