Dell EMC UnityVSA lets you deploy Dell EMC Unity unified storage as a virtual storage appliance. Dell EMC UnityVSA is software-defined storage that runs on industry-standard hardware and VMware ESXi, which you supply. Deploy this virtual storage appliance when you’re looking for low acquisition cost and ultimate flexibility in unified storage.
Dell EMC UnityVSA is right for entry-level hardware consolidation, multi-tenant storage instances, remote offices, branch office (ROBO) environments, and IT staging and testing.
You’ll have data services including a 64-bit file system, local and remote data protection, FAST VP auto-tiering, and more. Dell EMC UnityVSA shares the same operation environment and HTML5-enabled Unisphere management with Dell EMC Unity hardware. You can replicate data remotely to other instances of Dell EMC UnityVSA or Dell EMC Unity storage arrays. It’s easy to manage your virtual storage and physical arrays together.
- Set up for NAS or SAN in just a few minutes with Unisphere
- Allow VMware admins to manage storage from vCenter™
- Protect data locally with unified point-in-time snapshots
- Replicate data remotely to other instances of the VSA or to Dell EMC Unity purpose -built storage arrays.
- Optimize performance, efficiency, and simplify storage management with automated -tiering through EMC Fully – Automated Storage Tiering Virtual Pools (FAST VP)
- Test out next-generation capabilities like VMware Vvols.
- Administrate the storage array using the same HTML-5 based Unisphere as purpose-built storage arrays.
And many more..
System Requirements for EMC UnityVSA:
Physical Server Requirements:
- Processor: Xeon E5 Series Dual Core CPU 64-bit x86 Intel 2GHz+ (SSE4.2 or greater)
- Memory: 16GB (ESXi 5.5),18GB (ESXi 6.0), or 20 GB (ESXi 6.5)
- RAID Controller: 512MB NV cache and battery backed (recommended)
- Network: 1GbE or 10GbE
- Drive Types: Agnostic
- Storage Processors: 1
- CPUs: 2
- Memory : 12 GB
- Network (Mgmt): 1 x 1GbE or 10GbE
- Network (Data): 4 x 1GbE or 10GbE
In this post we will see on How to Deploy EMC UnityVSA Appliance on ESXi host step by step.
Deploy EMC UnityVSA Appliance:
Login to vSphere Web Client.
Right Click Cluster or Host.
Choose Deploy OVF Template.
Choose Local file.
Browse the OVF Appliance file.
Select the Folder for deployment.
Choose the Cluster or Hosts on which you want to Deploy Appliance.
Review the details and click Next.
Select the storage for the Appliance Deployment.
Click Next to continue.
Set the Networks for the EMC UnityVSA.
Configure the Network and System Name for the UnityVSA Appliance.
Review all the configuration and click Finish to start the Deployment.
It will take few minutes to deploy the Appliance. Once the Appliance is deployed successfully, you can see the VM is created.
You can Power On the Appliance.
Using this way you can deploy the EMC UnityVSA in your virtual environment. It is free to download and you can also get the community edition license freely with some limitations. For more info you can check on EMC Website.
Checkout our Posts on EMC UnityVSA:
Information and Requirements Credits: EMC Website.
That’s it for Today Friends. I Hope you liked reading this post & If you find anything more to be added or removed feel free to write it in our comments. If you find it useful You are Feel free to share this on social media to help others & spread knowledge.
If you have any query on any thing you are free to write it in our comments section & we will make sure to provide you the better solution as soon as possible.